Saturday 12 July 2008

Disney Princess & Ben10 Cupcakes

These cuppies were ordered by Tia for her children.
Tia didn't mention the occasion when she called me, she only wants half a box of cuppies for her son with Ben10 edible images and the rest of them with Disney Princesses for her daughter. The cakes were chocolate flavor with some generous amount of choc chip sprinkled inside.


It was Tuesday morning and the cuppies were to delivered to her office by Friday noon, so I called Yani immediately requesting the edible images to be made and sent to me asap. Once I had the edibles on my hand, I cut them out and put them onto rolled fondant and inserted a toothpick in between so the edible were able to stand up straight on the cuppies.

The cuppies were covered with baby blue poured fondant, decorated with cut out butterflies, pink flower and dragee on each petals, and colorful spikel sprinkled all over. All decoration items are edible.


I choose soft orange fondant to cover Ben10 series, to compliment the yellow & apple green theme colours. So I picked these colours for the cut out stars. Metallic green dragees and round chocolate chips are placed in between to made the cuppies look merrier.


I delivered the cuppies to Tia's office on Friday morning, and only then realized that we had actually known each other through a job back in 1999. That's almost 10 years ago!
Then Tia told me that her son had just been through a tonsil operation, and the cuppies were treats to celebrate the day he was allowed to start eating the yummy foods again!

I hope he enjoys the choc cuppies with his favourite Ben10 character, and get well soon, and have more yummy cuppies :)

No comments: